This week I took a few moments to feel grateful for the following:
- For the teensy, tiny glimmer of Spring that made it’s first appearance earlier in the week. We may have drifted back into below freezing temps since then*, but for a minute there I saw the light at the end of the tunnel getting a little brighter.
- That my bestie Sondra and her husband are coming to visit in April. It means a lot to have friends willing to take time off work and spend 12+ hours in a car to come visit you when you’re in the midst of your first year living away from home.
- To be fortunate enough to come from a stable upbringing. This is a big one, I know, but you don’t realize how truly lucky you are until you leave the nest and encounter others who haven’t been given this incredible gift. Mum & Dad, you did good xoxo
- For my health, another big one, and probably the #1 thing that people take for granted, myself included. If you’re in good health, it’s important to remember that there are those who aren’t, and who would give anything to be in your shoes.
- For the 19.3-pound ball of fat cat love that’s perched on my chest (actually, she covers my entire torso and then some) as I write this. She may destroy all the furniture and cost me an arm and a leg, but the joy she brings me outweighs it all—she outweighs most things, actually.
And since tomorrow marks the last day of February, my Gratitude Journal month will officially be coming to a close. I’ll be back with one last gratitude-inspired post, and then it’s time to shift my focus to March’s challenge…
*And so you don’t think I’m just being a baby, Detroit officially ranked #1 in the extreme winter weather ‘misery index’. To turn it around, this article makes me grateful for a warm winter coat, mittens, and a toasty apartment.