Here’s my midweek sweat check:
Monday morning I did a home yoga practice and threw in a few extra Sun Salute S’s and rounds of agni sara (a yogic practice that creates heat like crazy) to get my heart rate up and create a few tiny little drops of perspiration. Then in the evening I met some friends for a Barre-dio class, which is basically an aerobic style workout mixed in with barre moves for toning. It was…interesting, but hey, I definitely burned some calories and learned some really cheesy dance moves so at least there’s that.
Yesterday…well, I hate to say it but I skipped out on my sweat sesh. I worked all day, had a few things to take care of when I got home, and then Dan and I had tickets to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain (remember July’s lent?) and I just didn’t have time to do something sweaty and take a shower before the show. I know, I get an F, but does my cheat get cancelled out if Monday and Wednesday are both double sweat days? I’m going with yes…
And today, I started my morning with a chilly 2 mile run in the 20˚ Michigan weather and am planning on doing a little yoga before work once my breakfast has a chance to digest (yoga on a full stomach is never a good idea).
I’m sticking to my original plan for the rest of the week, but if you’re local and want to do something sweaty with me, lemme know!
Highlights of the show: When they covered Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols and Song 2 by Blur.
I have to say…that was easier than I thought it would be. Somehow fitting in at least 1 sweat-breaking activity into my daily routine didn’t pose that big of a challenge and I finished up the first week of my Sweat Once A Day challenge having completed every workout, adhering to all of my guidelines. Danne bam!
Here’s week 1’s final tally:
- 3 yoga practices
- 3 walks or swalks (speed walks) as I like to say
- 1 Pure Barre class
- 1 Real Ryder class
So, what’s up for this week?
- Monday: Home yoga practice in the morning and an evening Barre-dio Barre class with a few girls from work (I have no idea what Barre-dio Barre means either, I’ll be sure to report back). Not only is that 2 workouts in 1 day, but Barre-dio Barre counts for a “new to me workout” and also a #sweatdate. Ha!
- Tuesday: 2-mile run
- Wednesday: Yoga practice and/or a class at AFS
- Thursday: Pure Barre before work
- Friday: TBD. Maybe an afternoon run or swalk?
- Saturday: Home yoga practice or in-store yoga at lululemon before work
- Sunday: Checking out Divine Yoga Company with my lulu ladies for a 75-minute class
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram too so you can stay updated on my sweaty endeavors in between blog posts.
Oh, and on another note, I turn 30 in exactly one month. #holyshit
No better time to take a walk than during golden hour, right?