Just because I haven’t been writing on here as frequently this month doesn’t mean that I haven’t been following through with my #30daysofwriting challenge. I’ve missed a day here and there, but have still been writing a ton—it just isn’t necessarily the kind of writing that you share (read: journal entires and book reports). I’ve been home in Boston and on the Cape for the past few days though, and in my journal I started a list highlighting my favorite moments of the trip, which I realized would be perfectly sharable for a blog post. So here goes, a list of things I’ve loved about this trip.
- Breakfast at Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown right when we got in on Friday morning.
- Taking a long walk around Castle Island with my good friend Amanda and spending the day catching up over mate and fresh juice from Bee’s Knees Supply Company in Fort Point.
- Getting pizza and wine with some of my favorite friends at one of my favorite spots, Pizzeria Regina.
- Catching a class at Underground Studios with my teacher Ben on Saturday morning.
- Having an epic 3.5 hour brunch with some wonderful old friends at Lincoln Tavern & Restaurant in Southie.
- Checking out the incredible Nick Cave show at the ICA.
- Stopping by Grammy’s in Brockton and eating my mom’s famous stuffed shells with my family.
- Going out to breakfast with Dan and my brother at one of my favorite high school spots: Betsy’s Diner in Falmouth
- Getting a homemade ice cream sandwich at Par-Tee Freeze, my Aunt and Uncle’s ice cream shop, and visiting with one of my best childhood friends Amy, who’s adorably pregnant.
- Checking out a funny, 300 sq ft tiny house that’s for sale in my home town at the perfect time of day (see photo below).
- Taking a nice, long beach walk with Dan and my parents this morning and discovering a cluster of abandoned beach chairs in the dunes that we proceeded to use for a little Spring sunbathing.
And we still have a whole day left. How sweet home really is ❤