I’m 7 days into the GOOD 30-Day Challenge: Connect With People, and I have to say that I’m actually doing pretty well keeping up so far. Here’s what my first 7 challenges were:
1. Send someone a postcard: Even though this was the first challenge, it took me a minute to round up some postcards, so I’ll be writing mine tonight (I’m doing 2—and I won’t say to who, surprise!).
2. Talk to a service employee: This was sort of a no-brainer since I do this all the time anyway, but I did make an effort to go a little bit past “How are you?” and I was as smiley as could be.
3. Share an old photo with a friend: I posted this cute little thing to my BFF Sondra’s Facebook page:
4. Ask a family member about their day: Well, it did help a lot that I was visiting my family on the Cape this weekend, but I went out of my way (in a very sisterly way) to interrogate my brother on his workday, so much so that after I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, he looked at me dumbfound and said “I don’t really know how to answer this, no one’s ever asked me that before”. Hehehe…
5. Plan a group outing: I’ve been trying to but this seems to be a busy week for people, so let me just ask the internet—who wants to go swing dancing with us this Saturday night at the Armenian church in Watertown? Any takers?
6. Ask a co-worker out for coffee: Does tea count too? I still have to do this one, time to (wo)man up…
7. Buy a friend a gift under $5: This gave me a great excuse to go to Target on my lunch break today, and buying fun little presents is just that: fun. I’ve been known to play the $5 present game on long road trips too and some of my favorite possessions have come from it.
On to the next 7!